Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), sometimes referred to as “Liquid Gold” is a platelet concentrated component of our own blood which contains vital cells for wound healing and cellular regeneration. Platelets are cells that circulate within our body and are responsible for recognizing and repairing damaged cells by forming a plug or clot. Plasma, the liquid component of our blood, contains growth factors and nutrient rich cells and is primarily responsible for transporting these nutrients within the body. PRP therapy uses the body’s own healing processes to rejuvenate the skin and promote new cell growth. This process involves drawing the patient’s blood, spinning it in a special centrifuge to separate the platelet rich plasma from the rest of the blood, then using this highly concentrated PRP for treatment. There are many benefits of PRP which include stimulating hair growth, diminishing the appearance of scarring and encouraging the body’s production of collagen. Due to the natural variations in the quality of PRP, results will vary between individuals and multiple treatment sessions may be necessary to obtain desired outcomes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Treatments will I Need:
- The number of treatments varies from person to person. On average to achieve optimal results you will need a series of 3-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart then 1-2 treatments per year for maintenance.
When Will I see Results:
- Noticeable results are visible with 4-9 months
How long do results last:
- Results from PRP treatments are expected to be long lasting,though results vary from person to person.
What is the recovery time:
- For PRP injections, bruising and swelling is possible so plan 2 weeks ahead of any event or vacation.
- For microneedling with PRP, recovery lasts 1-2 days with reddened skin and some peeling.
How much does PRP Treatment Cost:
- Treatments vary on price.